- 10 ounces ground turkey
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons baharat
- Wooden skewers
- 2 organic carrots
- 2 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the salad.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, baharat, and half the cilantro. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Set the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up the mixture. Afterward, using wet hands, form the mixture into 4 (8) ovals; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the kebabs and cook, carefully turning once with a spatula, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
While the kebabs cook, prepare the salad.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Scrub the zucchini and trim the ends. Lay the zucchini flat; using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Set aside half the sumac for garnish.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base, half the sumac, and 2 tablespoons (¼ cup) oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, zucchini, remaining cilantro, and 1 tablespoon (2 TBL) lemon-tahini dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.